This week, P3 are learning their two times table. After lots of work on arrays in Primary 2, they are making great progress already. We are working on understanding that multiplication is the process of repeated adding (eg 5 x 2 = 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2) and on using our ability to count in twos to tackle multiplication sums within the two times table.
Next Tuesday afternoon (14th November), P3 are finishing off their topic on Robert Louis Stevenson with a Pirate Party. You will receive an email through parent mail giving you more details on this but the important points are as follows:
- Bring a pirate costume to school on the day (don’t come to school wearing it, please).
- Please check the list of food we will be having at the party if your child has any allergies and let us know if anything is unsuitable for them.
Here is this week’s homework:
- Reading – See the homework/reading diary/jotter for details.
- Spelling – Please learn this week’s spelling pattern and, in your jotter, complete a spelling activity from the grid.
- Maths – This week in class we are learning our 2 x table. Please use this game to practise (Times Tables – 2x table – Hit the answer/Hit the question).
- Health & Wellbeing – please see separate “Talk Things Over” sheet/booklet that came home last week (due 10th November).
And here is the child-friendly plan: