P3’s Emergency Services topic is focusing on fire just now. We are looking at a bit of history, with the Great Fire of London and how fire has been used in the past, and the pros and cons of fire including fire safety. One of the highlights of this part of our topic is visits to Tollcross fire Station. P3A went last week, P3B go this Thursday and P3C will round off the visits.
As well as our work on the Emergency Services, we have our Scots focus. Hopefully, everyone has chosen their poem and is practising it at home. One tip, for anyone who is struggling over pronunciation, is to google “J K Annand” and the title of your poem and you will almost certainly find a wee video of someone reciting it. Monday 29th January is the deadline for learning the poems.
Our reading challenge is well and truly up and running again. Help us to keep it going by encouraging your child to write any books they read into their homework diary so that they can transfer it to their reading challenge journal.
This week’s homework:
- Reading – Check your reading/homework diaries/jotters.
- Spelling – Please learn this week’s spelling pattern and complete a spelling activity – make sure you have your spelling jotter at school on Friday!
- Maths – Continue to practise telling the time on analogue and digital clocks to o’clock, half past, quarter to/past (and minutes past if you are at that level). Here is a pairs game to reinforce this (unfortunately cannot be used on an ipad). https://www.topmarks.co.uk/Flash.aspx?f=matchingpairstime v3
- Building Resilience – See the “Get Active” homework activity.
- Other – Remember to continue learning your Scots poem for Monday 29 January.
And the child-friendly plan: