P3 put on their aprons and safety goggles for a few experiments today when Generation Science came to lead a workshop called “Get Fizzy”. Using various liquids and powders, the classes worked to find out which combinations gave the best fizz. It was a fantastic opportunity to learn how scientists use method in conducting experiments, alongside important lab safety rules. Plus, it was lots of fun to watch the results (see the photos & videos).
As well as being scientists this week, P3 are also going to be singers. We are lucky to have a series of lessons planned with a NYCOS (National Youth Choir of Scotland) teacher over the next few weeks, working up to a wee performance to which parents & carers will be invited – stay tuned ;-).
**Look out for an email about a tennis event for P3 next Monday morning. We will need parent helpers to get us up to the tennis courts, so please call the office if you are free then (9.30-11am). ** SORRY – THIS HAS NOW BEEN POSTPONED – WE WILL LET YOU KNOW IF IT IS REARRANGED.
P3B are learning how to set out multiplication sums in the column format and multiply 2 digit numbers by 2 (including with carrying) this week – P3A & C will be doing this next week. Here is how we set these sums out.
Here is this week’s homework:
- Reading – See individual reading/homework diaries/jotters.
- Reading Challenge – Please keep noting any books read at home.
- Spelling – Please learn this week’s spelling pattern and complete a spelling activity – make sure you have your spelling jotter at school on Friday!
- Maths – Practise the times tables that we have learned so far (2, 3, 4, 5, & 10) with particular emphasis on the 2 times table to help with our work on column multiplication.
- Building Resilience – Please see separate Make a Difference homework sheet and information.
And the child-friendly weekly plan: