The P7 Team:
|P7A||Mrs Campbell / Mrs Jones|
|P7B||Mrs Livingstone / Mrs Jones|
|P7C||Mr West / Mrs Morrison|
Click here to see our P7 Blog
Homework – Please remember both MATHS and RESEARCH homework are now overdue. If you have not handed them in, please return them to class ASAP. Keep practising the song and working on your table decoration for the ceilidh which is next week. In mental maths – practise counting on as a method of subtraction. For example, if the calculation was 425-321…. start on 321. How many do you add on to get to 330? Then 400? Then 425. Think of subtraction as finding the difference.
Homework – remember to keep working on the 5 Winter Homework Challenges issued two weeks ago. In mental maths, practice PARTITIONING to add. (For example, when adding 345+237, think of it as : 300 + 200 + 40 + 30 + 5 + 7).
This week in P7…
Our 5 week winter challenge homework goes live this week! Paper copies will be issued but here is a back up copy.
Mental maths – revise different methods of multiplication which we have been learning in CLIC (coin multiplication, smile multiplication, grid multiplication). Remember to keep practising your tables facts too (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/supermovers/42612499).
- Remember RESILIENCE homework issued two weeks ago is now due.
- Continue to read for pleasure (min 3 x 20 minute sessions per week at home)
- Mental agility
- – converting improper fractions to mixed numbers (e.g. 5 halves is the same as 2 1/2.
- Division with tables facts (e.g. 63 divided by 9 is? 48 divided by 8 is?)
12/11/18 This week’s plan
Important dates for your diary…
12/10/18 Harvest Assembly 9.30am Greenbank Church
15/10/18-23/10/18 (incl) October Break
09/11/18 P7 to visit Morningside Cemetery War Graves
10/11/18 (NB Saturday optional) Festival of Peace Morningside Parish Church 2:00pm
12/11/18 P6 + P7 Internet Safety Parent Information Evening 7:00pm-8:00pm
16/11/18 P7B Class Assembly (time tbc) + P7 Lagganlia Parent Sharing Event (time tbc)
Primary 7 Homework Week Beginning 8th October 2018
- Please complete the Lagganlia challenges to prepare yourself for our camp week. Return the completed form by FRIDAY 26th OCTOBER.
- Mental Maths – Practise counting forward and backward in 10s and tenths (e.g. 450, 460, 470 – 0.6, 0.5, 0.4 – 8/10, 9/10, 1 ).
- Reading – The first week back after the holidays we will have some discussions in class about books we have been reading recently. Be prepared for these discussions – think about the character / setting / themes of your book. Are you able to summarise the plot? Can you explain the key points of the book?
The P7 team.
08.10.18 This week’s plan
Coin Card Multiplication Explanation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0T9wgRyreU
21.09.18 Curriculum Evening Presentation
03.09.18 This week in P7…
27/08/18 This week in P7